This introductory module provides an introduction to applied statistics and the software programs Minitab and SAS JMP. You will learn how to load data into the software program and carry out simple analyses.
Target Group for SAS JMP/Minitab
The course is aimed for you who are new to the SAS JMP or Minitab statistics programs. There are no prerequisites for the course. It is both for you who are brand new within the statistics world and you who have worked for many years with statistics, but just lacking introduction to the SAS JMP or Minitab programs.
The course is for people who want to learn or brush up on their knowledge about the subject before you start a Six Sigma Belt certification or a statistics module.
The module is a prerequisite for all our Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt certifications unless you are familiar with the use of Minitab / SAS JMP and have a basic knowledge of statistics and can demonstrate minimum competencies.
What you will learn
- Use proper statistical terms
- Distinguish between different types of data
- Understand and use descriptive statistics
- Use Minitab and SAS JMP to create simple analyzes
- Present data in graphs and tables with Minitab and JMP
Content in bullets
- Create a file
- Transfer data from Excel to Minitab
- Change data types in the data sheet
- Be able to navigate between data sheet and graphs
- Save a file
- Data Types
- Operational definition
- Bar graph
- Pareto diagram
- Run chart
- Mean and median values
- Variance and standard deviation
- Percentile and quartile
- Sigma level and error rate
Upon completion of this module, you have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of our statistics courses. You will find these on the page with Operational Excellence courses, and our Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt courses.